Nuclear Monitor Issue:#694
Nuclear Waste Problems - from Mining to Reactor Waste
International Conference, 17-18 Oct. 2009, Stockholm, Sweden
International speakers will give presentations about issues as:
- Which consequences does radiation has on the biologic diversity?
- Is deep underground disposal the solution for radioactive waste?
- Does a nuclear power station during ‘normal’ operation emits radiation? If so, how much?
The conference is in English. Costs are 55 euro per person, including refreshments and lunch. Travel and accomodation are at own costs.
- ASSE II - A Notorious Nuclear Repository in Germany
- Depleted Uranium (DU) in Weapons - Action group against Radioactive Warfare, Sweden
- Radioactive Emissions into Air from Nuclear Reactors - Dr. Ian Fairlie, UK
- Medical Effects of Radiation - Ulla Slama, Physician, Finland
- Male Supremacy in the Nuclear Industry - Ewa Larsson, Green Women, Sweden
- Uranium: not only mining - Professor Gordon Edwards, Canada
- Workshop 1: International cooperation in the environmental movement on radioactive waste issues.
- Workshop 2: Uranium mining and Indigenous Peoples.
- Workshop 3: Health effects of radiation.
- Workshop 4: Other aspects of nuclear waste.
- Report from the working groups, discussion and summary
- Swedish Final Repository for Low and Medium Level Nuclear Waste (SFR), Lars-Olof Höglund, Nuclear Engineer, Sweden
- Central Interim Storage Facility for Spent Nuclear Fuel (CLAB), Roland Davidsson, National Organisation of Energy Associations (SERO), Sweden
- High Level Nuclear Waste and the European Pressurized Reactor, Lauri Myllyvirta, Greenpeace, Finland
- Nuclear Waste in the UK, Dr. David Lowry, UK
- High Level Nuclear Waste & Very Deep Boreholes, Dr. Johan Swahn, The Swedish NGO Office for Nuclear Waste Review (MKG), Sweden
- High Level Nuclear Waste & The Dry Rock Deposit Method, Dr. Nils-Axel Mörner, Sweden
- Nuclear Waste in Russia - Andrey Ozharovskiy, Ecodefence, Moscow
- Problems and Financing of Nuclear Waste in Japan, Dr. Göran Bryntse, Sweden
- Nuclear Future - Ulla Klötzer, Finland
- Press conference / coffee and tea
- Panel discussion
Please, register at: http://www.nonuclear.se/register
The registration deadline is 6 October 2009