To read this issue of the Nuclear Monitor, click the article links below, or to download the full issue as a PDF click here.
In this issue of the Monitor:
- We write about the demise of Areva's EPR reactor, including the latest problems with flawed pressure vessels.
- Charly Hultén writes about nuclear power's latest setback in Sweden − Vattenfall abandoned plans for new reactors earlier this year and now it has brought forward plans to retire two reactors.
- We summarise a new study on nuclear accidents and the problems with 'probabilistic risk assessments'.
- We summarise a critical report about Generation IV reactors written by the French government's Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety.
- We update nuclear debates in Belgium, with the government planning to short-circuit proper consultation and planning processes in order to fast-track lifetime extensions for two reactors.
Feel free to contact us if you have feedback on this issue of the Monitor, or if there are topics you would like to see covered in future issues.